Avoid bridge strikes
with FREE e-learning
It’s no secret that bridge strikes are costly for everyone involved – with Network Rail, operators, drivers and the public all losing out. In 2022 Network Rail reported over 1800 incidents (that’s 5 a day!) and estimates the total annual cost to be more than £20m – so understandably, reducing bridge strikes is a high priority for the Traffic Commissioner.
Don’t assume your drivers know how to avoid a bridge strike. Help them to think more about working processes to avoid the worst case scenario with our DVSA Recognised and CPD Standards Office accredited Toolbox Talk.
How a bridge strike impacts you and your drivers
- Drivers can expect to be called before a public hearing and may face a period of suspension
- If the Traffic Commissioner believes the bridge strike is due to negligence or inadequate training, owners and transport managers may be summoned too
- For serious transgressions, your Operator Licence could be revoked
- The police will prosecute your driver for the Bridge Strike offence which could mean losing a driver
Playing our part to reduce the risk of bridge strikes
To play our part in the campaign to reduce the number of bridge strikes, we’re offering our ‘bridge strike’ e-learning toolbox talk to you free of charge – here’s how to get it:
- Complete the online form below
- We’ll be in touch to get you started
- Your drivers go online and view the e-learning at a time convenient to them